Saturday, December 19, 2009

Life's been rather hectic

I swear to God this place is getting so boring I don't even want to look at it. Its just that I don't have the time (due to different commitments) and I'd rather upload photos on facebook cause that's much faster.

Please wait for it, bandfest is ending tomorrow so I can actually tell you guys a little more about JAPAN! :D

and the word for the trip? Enculez-vous! hahahaha. & Japanese girls for the guys, of course. Those photos from the School exchanges are on facebook, pretty hilarious if you asked me.

Thanks Clifford for lending me your DSLR!! No editing done to the photos at all cause I'm lazy, some are cropped though.


A few photos for now:

from the first two days
(more to be added soon!)


Mount fuji - view from the bus
(which explains why it isn't very nice)


The admin group at mount fuji :D


Hell yeah, there was snow and I love this shot.


Jumpshot.


an emo shot.


Took this in a tunnel


Our first meal (lunch) in Japan
(Stuart found a cockroach in his. Lucky it never happened again throughout the trip!)


Our first dinner at the hotel!


ditto (look at the lighted hot pots!)


A few of us girls in Yukatas


Me in a yukata!
(in my favourite hotel!)


Siqin (my room mate) and I!


looking into the balcony


Jasmine and I :D


I thought this looked slightly festive


taken at the same place
(waiting room of a restaurant)


In National Art Centre, Tokyo


Outside National Art Centre


Ditto


Outside the Ghibli Museum


Just one of the million convience stores in Japan




Daniel shared these DELICIOUS strawberries with us


Sukiyaki - what we eat every.. alternate day?
(well this is just a shot of the meat)

Sukiyaki involves dipping cooked meat into raw eggs


It was raining at Shinjuku


almost everybody in japan has a transparent umbrella!




Damn, that SD card is REALLY spoilt so its goodbye to all my favourite shots (and all the ones at the castle the japan peeps wanted). The nice ones I took with Jasmine, those candids.. I dont' even need to think about that photo competition thingy and most importantly-- my yukata kodomo :(

Thanks C for trying to help me with it and for lending me your camera of course! How awesome can a DSLR be, goodness. (PLEASE DON'T REMIND ME THAT THE NICEST SHOTS ARE IN THE CARD)




Had dinner with Steph, Ivan & Jeremy on the 17th at ION orchard (missed you guys sosososo much!!) but two guys are in Malaysia now and I didn't get to see steph either. Didn't have much time that night but it was great nonetheless! Guess we took far TOO long to find Swensen's and ended up having too little time to chat.






we got ourselves an earthquake! :D



Anyway, I dont' have much time to blog right now. Been out from morning till night after I came back from Japan for the JC/Poly band fest. I must say, I didn't get to read the scores at all in Japan and only attended yesterday and half of today's practice cause I was overseas and needed rest the next day (caught abit of the flu). The people in my section seem to be pretty bonded already and I'm just fine. They're all pretty good anyway.

Sectionals with Mr Terence Teow was pretty useful for me, that being my first ever "lesson" -- and he was GOOD. Figuring out on your own won't do you any good, that's why I think I need a teacher. The seniors were far too busy during SYF period then :/

As lousy as I may be at this point in time due to the serious lack of practice (and of course, I hate my tone and the flute's airyness), I've practiced quite alot with Olivia at NIE today while the rest went back and those few hours did me good. I heard my section mate from Jacob band working on his piccolo solo too ;D


So... we're going to perform at the Esplanade tomorrow (20th december) and our repertoire (just Jacob band) would be:

The white eagle march,
Romanze,

Inglesias (The Little English girl) &

From Tatras to Baltic Sea.


Enough about band fest for now. I've to leave house at 10 plus tomorrow so that means more practice in the morning for me :D




HELLO MY DEAREST GIRLS (whom I haven't been talking to much lately) Lets all meet up before kaiying flies off to Australia!

No comments: